Use parameter 993 to enable the audio unit test after a check call. If the audio unit is OK, the next check call is made. If an error is detected during the audio test, the next check call is not made.
- An error is detected if the audio test fails three times.
- The test is performed three times in 1-hour intervals.
Event after Audio Error
This event informs of an audio test failure. Set the event via the Service Tool Events – Audio error menu. Whenever the audio test is considered unsuccessful, the event is executed (an operational call is set up).
- Operational call – the call is set up to the number set in pars 081–088 (Operational call) and transmitted via CPC Antenna, CPC KONE or P100.
- The event is performed whenever the audio test fails three times.
From version 2.4.0 up, an event can be executed if the audio test is OK. The event related to an audio error (operational call) can be executed. Set the parameters via the Service Tool again (Configuration – Events – Stuck button).
Operational calls are possible with this event only if CPC Antenna/KONE and P100 2N Ext are set in parameters 181-186. Make sure that the settings match the Control Panel values. Be sure to set 2N Ext in the Control Panel for CPC Antenna 2N Ext. CPC KONE or P100 will do for the other protocols (CPC KONE 2N Ext, P100 2N Ext).
From version 2.5.0 up, you can set operational calls (Audio error, Audio fixed) via parameter 990. Refer to Subs. 3.2 (Table of Parameters) for details.
- If set via parameter 990 and the Event menu (script), the operational call will be set up twice.